- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets, skin removed
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1/4cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cut each fennel bulb in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 6 wedges. In a roasting pan or large baking dish, combine the fennel, tomatoes, garlic, lemon, oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Spread the mixture into a single layer. Roast until the fennel is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Season the salmon with the remaining salt and pepper. Remove pan from oven and place the fillets on top of the vegetable mixture. Return to oven and roast until the fillets are the same color throughout and flake easily, about 12 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove and discard the lemon before serving.
- Just before the salmon and vegetables are done, wrap the tortillas in foil and place them in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Using a fork, flake the salmon into chunks. Divide the salmon and vegetables among the tortillas. Sprinkle with the cilantro. Add a dollop of sour cream, if desired.