long-grain white rice
small red bell peppers, quartered
fennel bulb, thinly sliced
kosher salt and black pepper
piece skinless salmon fillet (1 1/4 pounds)
fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large roasting pan, toss the bell peppers, fennel, 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Season the salmon with ¼ teaspoon salt and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper. Nestle it among the vegetables.
- Roast until the salmon is opaque throughout and the vegetables are just tender, 14 to 16 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, capers, vinegar, and remaining tablespoon oil. Drizzle over the salmon and rice and serve with the vegetables.