- 16 fresh baby artichokes
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- mayonnaise, for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Trim the top 1/4 of each artichoke. Remove and discard the tough, dark green outer leaves until you can see the pale green heart underneath. Trim the entire stem. Cut each artichoke in half lengthwise.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, combine the parsley, garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup water.
- Add the artichokes and toss. Roast, stirring twice, until the artichokes are tender, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the zest. Serve with the mayonnaise (if desired).