Roast Chicken With Olives, Garlic, and Thyme
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Rinse the chicken pieces under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a baking dish large enough to hold the pieces in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinaigrette with the lemon zest, olives, garlic, thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Pour the mixture over the chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat oven to 425° F. Season the chicken with the pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Roast until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375° F. Continue to roast until the chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes more.
- Spoon the olives and pan juices over the chicken and serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 850.83Calories From Fat 66%
- Calcium 47.21mg
- Carbohydrate 11.08g
- Cholesterol 208.04mg
- Fat 62.23g
- Fiber 2.61g
- Iron 3.86mg
- Protein 52.57mg
- Sat Fat 11.49g
- Sodium 1227.01mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The vinaigrette―and this dish―can be made with rosemary instead of thyme, and orange zest instead of lemon.