- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced butternut squash
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper and cook until golden brown on each side, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion and squash to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add the broth, sage, and the remaining pepper and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Transfer to the oven and cook until the squash is tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour about 1/2 inch of water into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Fit a steamer basket in the pan. Place the broccoli in the steamer, cover, and steam until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a plate and serve with the broccoli.