- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces (such as thighs, breasts, and drumsticks; about 3 pounds total)
- 2cups marinated artichoke hearts, drained (about 12 ounces)
- 5tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2tablespoons capers, drained
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- watercress and crusty bread, for serving
- Heat oven to 450° F. Toss the chicken, artichoke hearts, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast, skin-side up, on the top rack until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part (avoiding the bone) registers 165° F, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the shallot, cilantro, capers, vinegar, the remaining 4 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Serve the chicken with the watercress and bread, topped with the dressing.