Roast Beef With Slow-Cooked Tomatoes and Garlic
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Season the beef with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and place in a large roasting pan.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, thyme, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Scatter the tomato mixture around the meat and roast to the desired doneness, about 1 hour for medium-rare (internal temperature 125° F).
- Transfer the beef to a cutting board and let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing. Divide among individual plates and serve
with the tomatoes and garlic.
- Per Serving
- Calories 439Calories From Fat 49%
- Fat 24g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 96mg
- Sodium 245mg
- Carbohydrate 6g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 50g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Heavy pans absorb heat best, allowing meat to cook evenly. Try to avoid overcrowding the pan or the heat won't distribute properly and the food will steam.