- 2 pounds boneless rump or rib roast
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Season the beef with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and place in a large roasting pan.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, thyme, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Scatter the tomato mixture around the meat and roast to the desired doneness, about 1 hour for medium-rare (internal temperature 125° F).
- Transfer the beef to a cutting board and let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing. Divide among individual plates and serve with the tomatoes and garlic.