Risotto With Edamame, Lemon, and Tarragon
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 4 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- kosher salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the broth, ¾ cup at a time (waiting until each addition of broth is absorbed before adding the next), and cook, stirring occasionally. It should take about 25 minutes for all the broth to be absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in the edamame, lemon zest, tarragon, ¾ cup of the Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Spoon into individual bowls and top with the remaining Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 656Calories From Fat 26%
- Protein 33g
- Carbohydrate 87g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 8g
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Sodium 903mg
- Cholesterol 26mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .