- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2cups Arborio rice
- 1cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 4 1/2cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2cups shelled edamame, thawed
- 2teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1cup grated Parmesan
- kosher salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the broth, ¾ cup at a time (waiting until each addition of broth is absorbed before adding the next), and cook, stirring occasionally. It should take about 25 minutes for all the broth to be absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in the edamame, lemon zest, tarragon, ¾ cup of the Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Spoon into individual bowls and top with the remaining Parmesan.