Rigatoni With Roasted Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3/4 pound rigatoni or some other short pasta
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower (about 1 pound), cut into florets
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (quartered if large)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 ounces grated pecorino (about 1/2 cup), plus more for serving
- Heat oven to 450° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, on 2 large rimmed baking sheets, toss the cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and onion with the thyme, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast, tossing the vegetables once and rotating the sheets halfway through, until golden brown and tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, pecorino, ½ cup of the reserved cooking water, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the pasta and toss to combine (add more cooking water if the pasta seems dry). Serve sprinkled with additional pecorino.
- Per Serving
- Calories 535
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 9mg
- Sodium 501mg
- Protein 19g
- Carbohydrate 75g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 249mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.