- 3/4 pound rigatoni or some other short pasta
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower (about 1 pound), cut into florets
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (quartered if large)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 ounces grated pecorino (about 1/2 cup), plus more for serving
- Heat oven to 450° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, on 2 large rimmed baking sheets, toss the cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and onion with the thyme, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast, tossing the vegetables once and rotating the sheets halfway through, until golden brown and tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, pecorino, ½ cup of the reserved cooking water, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the pasta and toss to combine (add more cooking water if the pasta seems dry). Serve sprinkled with additional pecorino.