- 3/4pound rigatoni (about 6 cups)
- 1/4cup pine nuts
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4cup golden raisins
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2tablespoons capers
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- Meanwhile, spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast, tossing occasionally, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, raisins, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Simmer until slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the capers.
- Toss the pasta with the tomato mixture and pine nuts before serving.