- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1pound rigatoni
- 4tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 6 to 8 fresh oregano stems
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- 1teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Rinse the sweet potatoes and prick their skins several times with a fork. Place them directly on rack in oven. Bake 1 hour or until soft; set aside.
- Cook the rigatoni according to the package directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking water.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and sauté until just golden. Add the oregano and sauté about 1 minute, until fragrant and slightly crisp.
- Place the rigatoni in a large bowl. Scoop the potato flesh into the bowl of pasta. Add the olive oil mixture and pasta water and toss. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and Parmesan.