(5 1/2 cups) rigatoni
medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
kosher salt and pepper
cloves garlic, thinly sliced
grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
fresh mint, torn
grated ricotta salata or Parmesan
- Cook the rigatoni according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the eggplant, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the drained rigatoni and mint and toss. Divide among bowls and top with the ricotta salata or Parmesan.