- 3/4 pound rigatoni or other short pasta
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 10-ounce package frozen peas
- 1 ounce Parmesan, grated (about 1/4 cup), plus more for serving
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beginning to crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the peas and cook until warmed through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pasta, Parmesan, and ½ cup of the cooking water to the sauce and toss to coat. (Add more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce.)
- Serve topped with additional Parmesan.