Rhubarb Conserve and Pound Cake With Whipped Cream
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, cut lengthwise in half
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved, or 1 10-ounce bag frozen berries, thawed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 10-ounce frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 8 slices
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the rhubarb, granulated sugar, and vanilla bean and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until the rhubarb is barely tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the strawberries, remove from heat, and let cool. Remove the vanilla bean.
- Whip the cream with the confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. To serve, top each slice of cake with some warm conserve
and a few dollops of whipped cream.
- Per Serving
- Calories 427
- Calcium 113mg
- Carbohydrate 53g
- Cholesterol 82mg
- Fat 23g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 4mg
- Sat Fat 11g
- Sodium 207mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .