- 1pound dried linguine
- 2tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 bottle (1 1/2 cups) red wine
- 1 1/2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3cup (2 ounces) shaved Romano
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper, preferably cracked
- 1teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the linguine and salt and cook for 7 minutes. Drain the linguine and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, bring the wine to a simmer in a small saucepan. Pour it into the pot with the drained pasta and place it over medium-high heat.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until the wine is almost completely absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the oil, and toss. Divide the linguine among bowls and sprinkle with the Romano, pepper, and lemon zest.