- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 red jalapeño or serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 carrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 6 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- Cook the rice according to the package directions; spread on a plate and let cool. In a medium bowl, combine the oil, fish sauce, sugar, jalapeño, and 4 tablespoons of the vinegar. Add the rice, carrots, snow peas, and scallions and toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, heat grill to medium. In a second medium bowl, combine the curry paste and the remaining 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Grill the chicken, uncovered, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Serve with the rice salad, sprinkled with the peanuts.