red currant jelly
1⁄4 to 1⁄2
crushed red pepper
bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces
kosher salt and black pepper
cloves garlic, thinly sliced
10-ounce package fresh spinach, thick stems removed
- Heat oven to 425° F. In a small bowl, whisk together the jelly and red pepper.
- Place the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet. Rub with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Roast until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes, basting with the jelly mixture twice during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and raisins and cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper and cook, tossing, until spinach begins to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with the chicken.