Ravioli With Fontina and Walnut Sauce
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 16 to 18 ounces fresh or frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated fontina
- 1/4 cup mascarpone
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until fragrant and toasted, 6 to 8 minutes; coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, cook the ravioli according to the package directions, drain, and return them to the pot.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer. Add the fontina and mascarpone and cook, whisking vigorously, until melted and smooth.
- Gently mix the ravioli with the cream mixture, walnuts, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle with the chives before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 673Calories From Fat 388
- Fat 43g
- Sat Fat 23g
- Cholesterol 156mg
- Sodium 968mg
- Protein 22g
- Carbohydrate 51g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 304mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve with roasted broccoli. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss florets and crushed garlic cloves with olive oil, salt, and pepper; roast at 400° F until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.