- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 3/4cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3cup raspberry jam
- 1cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with the cooking spray. Line the pan with a piece of parchment, leaving an over-hang on two sides; spray the parchment with the cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the egg yolks and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix).
- Transfer two-thirds of the dough to the prepared pan and press in evenly; spread the jam on top. Crumble the remaining dough over the jam and sprinkle with the walnuts. Bake until golden, 35 to 45 minutes. Cool completely in the pan.
- Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan, transfer to a cutting board, and cut into 24 rectangles (6 rows by 4 rows). Store the bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.