Raspberry-Almond Linzer Cookies
Makes 36 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for the work surface
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 1 12-ounce jar raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes; let cool.
- In a food processor, process the almonds and ¼ cup of the brown sugar until the almonds are finely ground.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and the remaining ¼ cup brown sugar on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the almond mixture, then the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix).
- Divide the dough in half, shape into two disks, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350° F. On a lightly-floured surface, roll out each piece of dough to a ⅛-inch thickness. Using a 2- to 2 ½-inch round cookie cutter, cut the dough into rounds and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart. Using a ¾- to 1-inch round cookie cutter, cut out the centers from half of the cookies. Reroll and cut the scraps as necessary.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until the edges are golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Sprinkle the confectioners’ sugar on the cookies with the holes. Spread 1 teaspoon jam on the remaining cookies and top with the sugared cookies. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 130Calories From Fat 59
- Fat 7g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 19mg
- Sodium 38mg
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 14mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .