- 1 1/2pounds ground beef
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 small soft dinner rolls, split
- 1/2cup ranch dressing
- lettuce, sliced plum tomato, and cut-up vegetables (such as carrots and celery), for serving
- Form the beef into eight 3-inch patties.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the patties with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of each patty registers 130ºF, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Form sandwiches with the rolls, ranch dressing, lettuce, tomato, and burgers. Serve with the cut-up vegetables.