Quinoa and Vegetable Salad With Tahini Dressing
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed (about 4 cups)
- 1 pound raw beets (about 2 medium), peeled and coarsely grated
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Transfer to a plate or rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate until cool. Cook the edamame according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, ginger, honey, ½ cup water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Divide the watercress, beets, radishes, edamame, and quinoa among plates and drizzle with the dressing.
- Per Serving
- Calories 376
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 345mg
- Protein 17g
- Carbohydrate 48g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 7mg
- Calcium 157mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To prevent staining your hands or work surface with beet juice, cover a cutting board with plastic wrap or wax paper and hold the beets in a paper towel as you grate them.