Crispy Quinoa and Bean Cakes With Salad
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Leftovers from Quinoa With Sweet Potatoes, Kale, and Pesto:
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 cups cooked sweet potatoes and kale, roughly chopped
- Additional ingredients:
- 1 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan (about 2 ounces)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more if necessary
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 6 cups mixed greens (about 4 ounces)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a medium bowl, mash the beans with a fork. Add the quinoa, sweet potatoes and kale, eggs, Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mix to combine. Dividing evenly, form the mixture into twelve 3-inch patties (about ½ cup each).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. In batches, cook the patties until browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side (adding more oil if necessary).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the greens and tomatoes and toss to combine. Serve with the quinoa and bean patties.
- Per Serving
- Calories 430
- Fat 23g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 77mg
- Sodium 706mg
- Protein 16g
- Carbohydrate 44g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 262mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .