- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1pound ground turkey
- 114.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 115.5-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2teaspoons chili powder
- kosher salt
- 1/4cup sour cream
- 1/2cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 red onion, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the turkey and cook, crumbling with the back of a wooden spoon, until no trace of pink remains, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and their juices, beans, bell pepper, tomato paste, 1½ cups water, chili powder, and 1¼ teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Divide among bowls and top with the sour cream, Cheddar, and onion, if using.