- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeño, halved
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 2 small fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, cut into sticks
- 3 medium carrots, cut into sticks
- 3 radishes, halved or quartered if large
- Bring the vinegar, salt, sugar, garlic, jalapeño, caraway seeds, and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Simmer until the salt dissolves, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Pour over the fennel, cucumbers, carrots, and radishes in a large bowl. Cool completely, stirring occasionally, about 2 hours. Refrigerate in a jar for up to 1 week.