Quick Moroccan Chicken
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 10-ounce box couscous
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 15-ounce can diced peaches or peach slices, drained
- 1 rotisserie chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves (optional)
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 ½ minutes.
- Add the sugar, nutmeg, vinegar, and orange juice and bring to a simmer.
- Add the peaches and continue to simmer until the liquid has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the couscous and chicken among individual bowls, top with the peach sauce, and sprinkle with the parsley (if desired).
- Per Serving
- Calories 284Calories From Fat 32%
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 70mg
- Sodium 337mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 20g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The citrusy sauce in this dish also adds a sweet twist to pork chops or tenderloin.