Quick Chicken Curry
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (preferably Madras)
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chutney (chopped if very chunky)
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves (about 3 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup salted shelled peanuts
- 1/2 red bell pepper, slivered
- 3 scallions, slivered
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- In a large, deep skillet, cook the onion in the oil over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomato juice, wine, and chutney and simmer for 2 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Add the chicken and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add the salt.
- Serve the chicken over the rice. Top with the peanuts, bell pepper, and scallions.
- Per Serving
- Calories 536Calories From Fat 157
- Fat 18g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 125mg
- Sodium 573mg
- Protein 52g
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 69mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Don’t uncover the pan or stir the rice during cooking. If it is done before you’re ready to serve, place a folded towel over the pan and replace the lid.