large onion, chopped
curry powder (preferably Madras)
dry red wine
chutney (chopped if very chunky)
skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves (about 3 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
salted shelled peanuts
red bell pepper, slivered
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- In a large, deep skillet, cook the onion in the oil over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomato juice, wine, and chutney and simmer for 2 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Add the chicken and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add the salt.
- Serve the chicken over the rice. Top with the peanuts, bell pepper, and scallions.