- 1 cup sliced carrots (about 2 large)
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup white miso (soybean paste; found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Place the carrots, shallot, ginger, miso, vinegar, and sesame oil in a blender. Blend, scraping down the sides as necessary, until very finely chopped, about 1 minute.
- Add the canola oil and blend until nearly smooth, about 30 seconds. If necessary, thin the dressing with up to 2 tablespoons water. The dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.