New York Strip or sirloin steak, thinly sliced
kosher salt and black pepper
button mushrooms, thinly sliced
low-sodium chicken broth
fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until browned on all sides, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet. Add the remaining oil and place over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until their juices evaporate, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sherry and broth. Bring to a boil and cook the mushrooms until the liquid reduces to ¼ cup, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, add the sour cream, and heat until the sauce thickens.
- Transfer the steak and any juices from the plate to the skillet. Add ½ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and warm through.
- Spoon the steak and mushroom sauce over the rice. Sprinkle with the parsley.