Chicken Quesadilla Pie
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 10-ounce can green or red enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated Monterey Jack, plus 1/4 cup for the top
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a small bowl, combine the enchilada sauce and cream. Spoon ¼ cup of the mixture into a shallow 2-quart casserole.
- Top with 1 tortilla and a third each of the cheese, chicken, onion, and zucchini. Repeat twice to form a total of 3 layers. Top with the remaining tortilla, sauce mixture, and cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Slice into wedges and serve with the salsa, avocado, and cilantro.
- Per Serving
- Calories 890Calories From Fat 442
- Fat 49g
- Sat Fat 21g
- Cholesterol 228mg
- Sodium 1,665mg
- Protein 72g
- Carbohydrate 40g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 616mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For a vegetarian version of this pie, replace the chicken with 2 cups fresh corn (or frozen corn that has been thawed and patted dry).