Pureed Sweet Potatoes With Maple Syrup
Serves 6-8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds small sweet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons room-temperature unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, cover with foil, and roast until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Using your fingers, carefully peel the sweet potatoes and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the butter, maple syrup, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Purée until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Per Serving
- Calories 285Calories From Fat 28%
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 23mg
- Sodium 361mg
- Carbohydrate 49g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 4g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .