- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 4pounds small sweet potatoes
- 6tablespoons room-temperature unsalted butter
- 2tablespoons maple syrup
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, cover with foil, and roast until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Using your fingers, carefully peel the sweet potatoes and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the butter, maple syrup, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Purée until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.