- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small sugar pumpkin (about 1 1/2 pounds)—peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spoon; let cool, then break into pieces. Reserve the skillet.
- Add the pumpkin to the drippings in the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the broth, oregano, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pumpkin is tender, 6 to 8 minutes more. Add the beans and vinegar and heat through, 2 minutes. Top with the bacon.