- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), sliced 1/4 inch thick and rinsed
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium pumpkin or 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 6cups low-sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1tablespoon fresh rosemary
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin cubes and canned puree, then the broth. Simmer until the pumpkin is tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in 1¾ teaspoons salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Working in batches, ladle the soup into a blender and puree until smooth. Divide among individual bowls and top with the rosemary.