- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1cup dates, chopped and pitted
- 1cup canned pumpkin
- 1cup milk
- 1/4cup canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the dates, then the pumpkin, milk, oil, and eggs until well blended. Pour into pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack.