Pumpkin Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 24 cupcakes| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 18.5-ounce box yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients called for in the package directions)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 8-ounce bars cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 24 pieces candy corn
- Heat oven to 350° F. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners. Prepare the cake mix as directed but with the following change: Add the pumpkin pie spice and substitute the can of pumpkin puree for the water called for in the package directions.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tins and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Spread on the cupcakes and top each with a piece of candy corn.
- Per Serving
- Calories 210
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 205mg
- Protein 3g
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Fiber 1g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .