Pumpkin Cream Sandwiches
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (found in the spice aisle)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until smooth. Add the pumpkin, vanilla, and egg and beat until combined.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a medium bowl. Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar and butter and beat on medium-low speed until fully incorporated.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of the mixture 2 inches apart onto parchment- or foil-lined baking sheets. Bake until puffed and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Clean the mixer, then, as the cookies bake, beat the cream cheese, heavy cream, and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread the flat sides of half the cooled cookies with the cream mixture. Top with the remaining cookies.
- Per Serving
- Calories 258Calories From Fat 52%
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 69mg
- Sodium 179mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 4g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .