Serves 6-8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling (not pure pumpkin)
- 1/2 cup canola oil, plus more for the pan
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Heat oven to 350° F. Oil a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin pie filling, oil, sugar, molasses, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Slowly stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack for 10 minutes. Using a knife, loosen the bread from the pan. Invert it onto a cutting board. Serve warm.
- Per Serving
- Calories 381Calories From Fat 26%
- Fat 11g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 576mg
- Carbohydrate 67g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 30g
- Protein 4g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The bread can be prepared and stored at room temperature, wrapped in plastic, up to 1 day in advance.