Pulled Pork Tacos
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup apricot jam or preserves
- 2 jalapenos, sliced into rings and seeded
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 300° F. Place 2 large sheets of aluminum foil on a work surface, one atop the other. Place the pork in the center of the foil and season on all sides with the salt, pepper, and cumin. Spoon the jam over the pork, turning to coat. Scatter the jalapeños and onion around the pork. Fold the double layer of foil around the pork and crimp the edges to seal tightly. Place in a baking dish. Roast until fork-tender, about 4 hours; let cool.
- Unwrap the pork, reserving the juices and discarding the foil. Use a fork to shred the pork. Transfer to a bowl. Pour the cooking juices, onion, and jalapeños over the pork and toss.
- Serve with the tortillas, cilantro, and lime wedges.
- Per Serving
- Calories 396Calories From Fat 30%
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 125mg
- Sodium 800mg
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 39g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
When the pork is done, turn off the heat, wrap the tortillas in foil and warm them for 10 to 20 minutes.