Slow-Cooker Pulled-Pork Tacos
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 cups store-bought salsa, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- kosher salt
- 1 2 1/2-pound boneless pork butt or shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
- 18 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the salsa, chili powder, oregano, cocoa, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add the pork and turn to coat.
- Cook, covered, until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Twenty minutes before serving, heat oven to 350° F.
- Stack the tortillas, wrap them in foil, and bake until warm, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using 2 forks, shred the pork and stir into the cooking liquid. Serve with the tortillas, cilantro, sour cream, lime, and extra salsa.
- Per Serving
- Calories 728Calories From Fat 49%
- Protein 47g
- Carbohydrate 45g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 9g
- Fat 40g
- Sat Fat 15g
- Sodium 982mg
- Cholesterol 180mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
When using a slow cooker, resist the urge to lift the lid until the dish has cooked the minimum amount of time specified in the recipe. Each peek allows heat to escape and can increase cooking time by as much as a half hour.