- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Place a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or other oven-safe skillet in the oven to warm it.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, extract, and salt until smooth. In a separate bowl, toss the pear with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Carefully remove the preheated skillet from the oven and add the butter, swirling until it is melted. Arrange the pears in a single layer in the skillet and pour in the batter.
- Return the skillet to the oven and bake 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve with maple syrup.