- 2 pitas, each split into 2 rounds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- 1 16-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup grated provolone
- Heat broiler. Arrange the pita halves cut-side up on a broilerproof baking sheet. Brush with 2 tablespoons of the oil and sprinkle with the paprika, oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Broil until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes; set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet. Add the peppers, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook until the peppers are hot and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Top the pita halves with the pepper mixture and sprinkled with the provolone. Broil until the provolone melts, 2 to 3 minutes. Cut into pieces before serving.