- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 small bunches Swiss chard, stems discarded and leaves torn
- 2 28-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless bass fillets
- olive tapenade, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chard, tomatoes (and their juices), and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the chard is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Nestle the fish in the liquid and cook, covered, until the fish is opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve topped with the tapenade.