fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried)
6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
cloves garlic, unpeeled
dry white wine (optional)
- Lay the prosciutto on a cutting board or plate and sprinkle with the oregano.
- Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon pepper. Lay each breast on a slice of prosciutto and wrap the prosciutto around the chicken.
- Heat the oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until the prosciutto is crisp and the chicken is cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken and garlic to plates.
- If using wine, add it to the skillet and simmer until reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Spoon over the chicken.