Makes 16 blondies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with the cooking spray. Line the pan with 2 crisscrossed pieces of parchment, leaving an overhang on all sides; spray the parchment with the cooking spray.
- Make the blondie: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and mix in the brown sugar and vanilla. One at a time, mix in the eggs; mix in the flour mixture until just combined (do not overmix).
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it, 25 to 28 minutes. Cool completely in the pan.
- Make the praline topping: In a small saucepan, heat the brown sugar and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbling, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla, 1 tablespoon of water, and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over the cooled blondies and sprinkle with the pecans. Let the topping set, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan, transfer to a cutting board, and cut into 16 squares. Store the blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 blondie
- Calories 219Calories From Fat 93
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 45mg
- Sodium 171mg
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Sugar 23g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 29mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Chocolate lover? Skip the praline topping and mix 1 cup of chocolate chips into the batter.