- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes (about 15), halved if large
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as flat-leaf parsley, tarragon, and chives)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Fill a large saucepan with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket; bring the water to a boil. Place the potatoes in the basket, cover, and steam until tender, 12 to 14 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the herbs, scallions, oil, mustard, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the cooked potatoes and toss to combine.